Welcome to Rockhurst High School, Kansas City’s Jesuit college preparatory school. We are glad that you have a chance to visit our web page to learn more or engage in the Rockhurst community!
Rockhurst is part of a network of 83 other Jesuit high schools in the North America seeking to educate young men and, in some locations young women, into tomorrow’s leaders. We are also part of a much larger worldwide network (www.educatemagis.org)
that traces its roots to the first Society of Jesus school founded by St. Ignatius Loyola in Messina, Italy in the 1548.
Built upon our tradition founded in 1910 at Rockhurst, the education we provide our young men in Kansas City has a clear vision and mission
. We are here to serve our students growth for their eternal purpose and we expect to shape them to be leaders for the world. This clarity reflects our traditions in both intellectual, academic excellence and our shared call to develop “men for others” – students who see their achievements in leading as successful only when it serves the common good, with a special eye for those most in need.
As we continue to celebrate tremendous accomplishments of our students in this mission, we also work hard to make sure that the education we provide reflects both the traditional humanities based Jesuit education that is our tradition, while also adapting the the circumstances of time and place in our curriculum which allow our students to be successful.
Here are but a few examples of this total human formation program striving for this purpose:
- We provide a four year retreat and Christian service program.
- Our ACT average of 27.5 is among the top in our metropolitan area.
- The regular offering of the Sacraments is integral to our daily life.
- Almost 700 Advanced Placement tests in 20 disciplines find the overwhelming majority receiving scores qualifying for college credits.
- Our school stops three times each day for prayer.
- We are the first STEM accredited school in Missouri or Kansas by the College Board.
I hope you may take the time to explore our website and contact anyone on our staff who may be of assistance. We hope that, if this is your first visit to Rockhurst at all, you might come to our campus for a personal visit and witness our state of the art facility serving our purpose.
God bless, David J. Laughlin
Rockhurst High School