All-School Awards Assembly recap from 2016 here. Recap from 2015 here.
1) Academic Awards
Each academic department is asked to identify those students who have excelled in that particular field of study. Criteria for individual and department awards are determined by the department chairs in consultation with the faculty members of each discipline.
2) RHS Environmental Leadership Award
This award is given during the All School Awards Assembly to students who, during the preceding 12 months, have demonstrated outstanding performance in all of the following learning results.
- Students appreciate and treat nature as a gift from God.
- Students assess the environmental impact of decisions and actions based on sound science.
- Students lead others toward ecologically sustainable behavior..
3) National Honor Society – Recognition
4) Perfect and Exemplary Attendance Awards
5) Awards of Distinction
- Advanced Placement Scholar
- National Merit Commended, Semi-Finalists and Finalists
- National Achievement Scholarship Program Award
- National Hispanic Recognition Award
- Book Awards - Often universities offer schools the opportunity to recognize students for leadership and achievement in the junior class who have consistently achieved in our academic, co-curricular and pastoral programs.
6) R Awards
Nominated by faculty, staff, and administration, and conferred by the Awards Selection Committee, this award is given to students of all grades who exemplify generosity of spirit and the willingness to put in extra time and effort—far beyond expectations—to help create and support the RHS community.
7) The President’s Volunteer Service Awards
This award was created to recognize Americans who have made a sustained commitment to volunteer service.
8) The Rockhurst Senior Class Award of Excellence and Achievement
Given to a Senior who is voted by his classmates to be a ―true man for others‖ and extraordinarily devoted to the betterment of his class and the school.
9) The Carl G. Kloster, S.J., “Special R” Award
Nominated by faculty, staff, and administration, and conferred by the Awards Selection Committee, this award is given to a Senior who is an R Award recipient and who consistently puts the welfare of his fellow students above his own interests
10) The Jesuit Secondary Education Association Award
Nominated by faculty, staff, and administration, and conferred by the Awards Selection Committee, this award is given to a Senior who is considered generous with his talents, dedicated to the Gospel message, and devoted to the Christian ideals as enunciated by the found of the Society of Jesus.