Sunday April 2, 2017
Rockhurst High School’s
3-on-3 Benefit Basketball Tournament
- Games played at Rockhurst High School
- Competition starts at 9:00 a.m. and runs until 12 p.m.
- 8th/9th grade competition starts at 9 a.m.
- 10th/11th grade competition starts at 10 a.m.
- 12th/Alumni/Dads/Faculty competition starts at 11 a.m.
- Three or four member teams: $20 per player
- Entry fee includes souvenir t-shirt and two-game guarantee
- Three competitive divisions: Eighth/Ninth Grade; Tenth/Eleventh Grade; Seniors, Alumni, Dads, and Faculty
PROCEEDS BENEFIT ROCKFEST SCHOLARSHIP FUND
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Coach Tony Severino
- All teams must check in at registration table upon arrival at least 20 minutes prior to their first game.
- Three or four man teams eligible – there must be three players on the court at all times.
- Alumni, current fathers, students, incoming freshmen, faculty and staff are eligible to play. Players must be related to Rockhurst High School.
- Each team member under the age of 18 must have a release and waiver form, with a parent or guardian’s signature, if needed.
- Games will be played to 20 points, with baskets counting for two and three point each (pending range from goal). ALL GAMES SELF-OFFICIATED.
- There is a two-game guarantee.
- All incoming freshmen must be currently enrolled in the Class of 2021 at Rockhurst High School to be eligible.
- Teams will forfeit entry fees and games for playing or attempting to play ineligible players.
- “Pool Play” will be used to determine which teams advance to tournament rounds.
- Tournament is run at the sole discretion of the director – all judgments are FINAL.
- A “coin flip” will determine all tie breakers, if teams have not played each other.
- No refunds.
- Every attempt by the director will be made to secure the t-shirt size that has been requested; however, no guarantees can be offered.
STATEMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
The Rockhurst Athletic Department seeks to provide an environment in which the student/athlete is assisted in understanding himself physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually. The department endeavors to develop the student/athlete to be a Christian leader and understand how to use this learned behavior as an example for others. The environment of such an undertaking is characterized by a concern for the individual and his understanding of the relationship with other members of his particular team.
Release and Waiver: Please enter me/us in ROCKFEST ’17. In consideration of your accepting this entry, I/we herby for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators, waive and release any and all right and claim for damages I may have against Rockhurst High School, all sponsors, tourney officials, workers and volunteers, their representatives, successors or assigns for ANY AND ALL claims of liability, whether foreseen or unforeseen, for death, personal injury or property damage, arising out of, or in the course of, my participation in the event.