STEAM at Rockhurst High School
The STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) initiative further connects the Rockhurst community with the world, empowering the school to fulfill its mission and vision.STEAM Vision
Our vision is to form innovative men with and for others who live and collaborate in an engaging learning environment, ready to set their world on fire.AdvancED STEM Cerficiation In March of 2017, Rockhurst High School earned an AdvancED STEM Certification.
The AdvancED STEM Certification process requires a school to provide evidence of meeting the 11 indicators of the STEM Certification standard. On a four-point scale, a school must obtain a sufficient average score throughout the eleven indicators.
Learn more about each of the 11 indicators, and Rockhurst's score on each, here
If you have any more questions about Rockhurst's STEM Certificate and what it means, then please contact Mr. Greg Owsley
, STEAM Director of Rockhurst High School.STEAM Programming at Rockhurst Highlights
- First STEM accredited high school in Missouri or Kansas
- All freshmen learn to code in Computer Programming
- 30% of classrooms are Active Learning Classrooms
- 14 new STEAM-based courses since 2015
- Robotics Team qualified for the World Championships twice in three years
- Newly established Computer Science, Robotics and Engineering Department
- 244 AP Course enrollees in 2018
- First Kansas City high school to host a FIRST Robotics Regional Competition
- 40% of students participate in STEAM experiences outside of school